Apr 2-6, 2018
Seward Park Co-op
266 E. Broadway
New York, NY 10002
Let’s play with robots and learn to code plus outdoor fun with games and play laser for the best Spring Break ever!
We’ll create art that our Ozobot robots respond to and create video games using MIT’s Scratch coding language. And we’ll get outside for plenty of recess plus laser tag! A fun-first, hands-on introduction to robotics and computer programming, and computational thinking.
Help us bring an Inventors Club to your school and receive a 25% rebate on registration. Call 845-399-9300 for more info.
Spring Break Camp attendees can use the discount code SPRINGBREAK to save $75 off STEM Summer Camp registration.
GENERAL PROGRAM DETAILS
- TIMES/DATES: 9am-4pm, Mon-Fri, Apr 2-6, 2018
- LOCATION: Seward Park Coop Community Room, 266 East Broadway, New York, NY 10002
- Includes a new hands-on, interactive tech-arts “Challenge” project each morning and afternoon
- Ages 6-12 (flexibility on ages; please email with questions). While our Challenge Projects are structured building and learning experiences, we manage our MakerSpaces so that kids of diverse ages and abilities can engage in and master new STEM skills during each session.
- Drop off from 8:45am to 9am and pick up until 4:30pm.
- Lunch & Recess! Daily lunch and recess with supervised physical games. Kids must have their own NUT-FREE snacks and lunches. We’ll have plenty of time for fun games during lunch and recess like Four Square, Spikeball, and Capture the Flag Laser Tag!
- 7:1 student-to-instructor ratio. Each instructor is a 2016-2017 Maker Fellow, trained in 21st Century Skills learning, the Engineering Design Process, and our award-winning Challenge Curriculum. Our Maker Fellowship program trains STEAM-mastery instructors in schools nationwide.
- At pick up time, photo ID will be required by whoever is picking up children.
- $500. Cancellation: $100 non-refundable cancellation fee.